Old June 23rd 17, 01:47 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Hoult View Post
On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 3:43:08 PM UTC+3, Walt Connelly wrote:
Retting;949394 Wrote:
Step away from this Walter. Establish your own limitation, what you will
accept.
Allow others the same. Trust me on this.

Romeo

Romeo, Romeo....

I have already stepped further away than I have wanted to but trust
ME on this. If YOU had found yourself 300 feet in the air dangling from
a tow rope attached to a glider and unable to release while at full
power headed right to the dirt YOU WOULD BE ON MY SIDE IN SPADES.
PERIOD, END OF STORY.

We're on your side. And on the side of other tow pilots hauling our arses into the air.

If all tow pilots at an organisation refuse to tow with Schweizer hooks then they'll get replaced pretty quickly.
I have received many responses both public and private from tow pilots who agree with my position. Unfortunately many of them say they need the few bucks they make flying tow to make ends meet. I understand and fortunately I did not need the money. Any tow pilot towing with a Schweizer hook AND a handle that is not immediately available for release is playing Russian roulette. Sure, the chances of it happening are low but tell that to the guy at Turf whose accident and death initiated the inverted hook long, long ago.

Walt