Old February 28th 19, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Hamilton[_2_]

Default OUDIE 1 OR OUDIE 2?

I have a Naviter Oudie that came with a used glider I bought 2 years
ago. I've had nothing but trouble with the unit even though I keep the
firmware (software?) updated with the Oudie Updater (now version
9.02.001). Recently it occurred to me that the unit I have may not be
an Oudie 2. I asked Paul at Cumulus Soaring (gave him the serial
number) but he says he cannot tell. I asked Naviter and after several
days got a reply from Mr Jost Napret saying I needed to send him a
photo of the "About" page of my Oudie, which I did. That was a week
ago and even though I followed up a couple of days later, the only reply
I have had from Naviter is: "We have received your email and are
happy to help. We will reply soon." I have the original box my Oudie
came in and one thing that seems odd to me, on the box it shows the
battery capacity as 1800 mAh where the Naviter website shows the
current Oudie 2 to have a 1400 mAh battery. Does anyone know how
to tell an Oudie 1 from an Oudie 2?

James Hamilton