Old April 2nd 04, 02:10 PM
DDT

"Double-T" wrote in message
om...
| Can I ask, what is the difference between your timezone files and FS Real
| Time.

The files are simply BGL scenery files and BGD (disabled BGL files). FS
Real Time is a program that communicates with the simulator using FSUIPC.
It takes the time information from the simulator and adjusts it so it is
"hacked" with your computer's system time. This adjustment depends on the
timezone information the simulator sent in the first place.

| Let me give you an example:
|
| I was recently at Hong Kong International at 3:15 looking for a particular
| 747 which leaves at 3:25 p.m. The plane wasn't there.
|
| When I reset the clock to 2:15, the plane showed up.
|
| Will your files fix this, and if so, why doesn't FS Real Time?

The quick answer to this question is "most likely". Without my files
installed, Hong Kong is probably indicating GMT+9 hours. With my files,
Hong Kong will be in the correct time zone (GMT+8 hours). FS Real Time will
see the difference and adjust your simulator's clock accordingly.

| Thanks
|

| "DDT" wrote in message
| .. .
| Finally, my time zone files are now compatible with FS9 (FS2004 - A
| Century
| of Flight). They're also compatible with the latest public release of
"FS
| Real Time". The files must be installed manually as explained in the
| readme
| file in order for them to work with both programs.
|
| My time zone files are now available for BETA testing at the following
| Yahoo
| Group:

| I'm looking for up to 50 people who have the time to test the files.
You