Old July 23rd 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Coming home from Houston Sunday...

george wrote in news:2c49e274-c435-4693-9dbb-fd4c86b64f73
@x29g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

On Jul 24, 8:35 am, "RST Engineering" wrote:
He didn't say GEAR up, he said WHEELS up, idiot. Learn the Iggirish
language the way you supposed to speak her.

I guess every-one here uses language to mean what they want it to
mean.
Or what it meant at some time in the past
There are enough pillocks on the side line who don't understand the
evolution of animals let alone the evolution of language...
At first sight (to me) wheels up means gear retracted until I saw what
it was..

What it was was Jay distorting an aviation term to sound hip.

Bertie