Old April 2nd 10, 04:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

Default Help please

"John Szalay" wrote in message 42...
Mike Mackenzie wrote in
:

The attached photo was sent to me by the curator of a local aviation
museum, requesting identification. Although it looks vaguely
familiar, I can't put a handle on it. Can anybody help?

given its size, shape and the selection of instruments, I tend to think
glider or sailplane, will have to check some on that..Hummmm!

I doubt that it is from a glider. The size and shape lead me initially to that conclusion; however, due to the Turn/Bank indicator; the speed scale on the air speed indicator; and, the rate of climb indicator is far to insensitive to be used as a variometer made me abandon the glider option. (It would be nice to know what instrument filled the empty hole.)

Here is a picture of my glider instruments which is a far cry from what was available 50+ years ago.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3121.JPG
Views:	61