Old June 8th 06, 07:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Voltage Regulator replacement

Ray Andraka wrote:
mikem wrote:

It was a Lamar. I didn't write down the model number. It was for a 14V
aircraft, probably a Piper, meaning that the regulator sinks the field
current.

Piper electrical systems source the field current. The other side of
the field winding is connected to ground.

I was wrong. I picked up the unit at the airport tonight. It has
"PAC-484121 Voltage Regulator 14V B-00331-2 Lamar, inc. Bancocas N.J.
USA" silk-screened on the cover.
It is a linear regulator. It regulates in the high side (sources
current to the field). If your alternator has two field terminals, you
have to ground the other one..., just like my Cessna. The Lamar unit
came out of a PA32.