Old June 14th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Dan[_12_]

Default GIVEN CURRENT WARS, F-35s ARE BETTER CHOICE THAN MORE F-22As

Tiger wrote:
Dan wrote:
Zombywoof wrote:

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 00:43:48 -0500, Dan wrote:

Raymond O'Hara wrote:
snip

Well, the 33rd TFW took out 16 Iraqi MiGs that weren't rolling over
or fleeing. They may not have been anywhere near top notch, but those
16 at least did put up a fight.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

While not on the O'hara side of the fence, can we aggree more spending
on a f22 means a delay in the F35 program? Also that increasing the
number beyond 183 in the current budget environment means other Air
force programs will robbed to pay for them?

Certainly, with current budget constraints. That's a far cry from
O'Hara's theory of bankrupting the country. He's got his mind made up
and can't comprehend what is really going on around him. His personal
biases block this.

As an aside I wonder if he's ever been in the military.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired