Old November 8th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Lew Hartswick

Default Delaware gliderports or clubs

wrote:
On Nov 8, 4:08 pm, "01-- Zero One" wrote:
Are there any?
Larry
01 "zero one"

Larry,

The closest gliderports/clubs to Delaware are in SE Pennsylvania:
Toughkenamon, PA: Brandywine Soaring (club)
Morgantown, PA: Black Diamond Soaring (commercial op), Cloudniners
(club)
Hilltown, PA: Philadelphia Glider Council (club)

There's also a group in Churchville, MD: Atlantic Soaring Club

The SSA website has a nice "Where to Fly" interactive map (http://
www.ssa.org/sport/wheretofly.asp) to help anyone locate soaring sites.
It provides the contact info for the clubs and commercial ops as well.

Janine Acee
SSA Governor - PA East

There use to be one over in NJ near Princeton. I havent been in
the area for quite a few years, my brotherinlaw died that lived
there.
...lew...