Old August 27th 11, 11:15 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidergeek View Post
On Aug 27, 6:32*am, Walt Connelly Walt.Connelly.
wrote:
Reading all the posts about accidents and their causes, reasons and
excuses has made me google my fingers off (I'm about to go blind) in an
attempt to as completely as possible understand all that's happening
physiologically regarding dehydration. *Knowing the early warning signs
of any problem is a good thing and can help us avoid the sudden
ramifications of our failure to comply.

As most of us know, (all of us except cookie) dehydration can cause us
to suffer from reduced mental capacity, not a good thing while flying.
It's believed that long term dehydration might also be a cause of
Alzheimer's disease, not something anyone want's to experience. *But
here's the thing that got my attention. *Dehydration can also cause loss
of LIBIDO, failure to function, mycoxafloppin, erectus imperfectus. *You
get home at the end of a long day soaring with the eagles and wifey
wants some attention. *But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. *You didn't drink enough
and now your little friend is staring forlornly at your toes and the
little lady might not be making your bacon and eggs in the morning. *

So, just another reason to maintain good hydration my friends. *Your
flying will be safer, your little friend will be ready for action and
wifey (or girlfriend) will be happy for another day. *After all, isn't
"keepin' it up" what being a glider pilot is all about?

Walt

--
Walt Connelly

Walt always think Titties & Beer (not necessarily in that order).
Plenty of hydration there! Beer after flight to catch up with
hydration, Titties after beer.
Well actually beer is a very poor choice for hydration and I don't touch alcohol at all. Spend 13 hours bouncing around in the back of a C-130, do it with a hang over and your desire for booze will be cured forever.

Walt