Old July 29th 03, 06:57 AM
Brian Allardice

In article ,
says...

Going to China will open anyones eyes. 120 million middle class
better of than those in the USA. I got picked up at the airport by a
contact driving a Mercedes 500SEL and we drove for 45 minutes on
multilane freeway which was technicaly perfect.

China is ofcourse where the USA's technical base is going and with the
USA's help. They are starting to build some interesting and
impressive aircraft with real avionics.

Ditto... absolutely, in my field also.

I think that in general we have *no idea* what is going on in China (and indeed
India). Indeed for Korea we have still think of Lotta Hitchmanova asking for
brimming bowls of milk for starving people... Put India to one side, in many
respects it is still a primitive society despite the gov't's best efforts
(caste, superstition, &c) but China? Watch out..... I've never seen a more
motivated and capable society; anything they want to master I suspect they soon
will... So young... all the old farts such as myself were doomed during the
cultural revolution, and these young people are now prepared to take on the
world....

Dare to Struggle!
Dare to Win!

Cheers,