Old June 23rd 05, 06:25 PM
Roger Kelly

Default Haze domes

Any 'haze dome' experts out there? Last weekend we had two blue days and
having read Bob Wander's "The Art of Thermaling .. Made Easy" in which he
states that haze domes can be seen from the ground, I spent a lot of my
time both on the ground and in flight looking for them. No doubt
conditions have to be just right for them to be seen, but I have yet to see
one, or recognize one. Can anyone describe what a haze dome looks like.
From the air ... from the ground? Are they more visable in dry or humid
conditions? Are they a rare phenomenon or relatively frequent? Would they
only be visable if there was a low inversion level?

--
Roger Kelly
to reply replace the IP address above with ceressenior.com