Old August 3rd 03, 02:27 AM
S. Sampson

"Les Matheson" wrote
Don't laugh. For years I had to watch my weight as the max for my height 6'
2" was 218, ideal was 176 and I hovered around 205 all the time. Then I got
sick and lost a lot of weight. With exercise to recover, I got down to 178
when I weighed in at Brooks when I went to get back on flying status. The
first thing the flight surgeon told me was "you need to gain about 20
pounds." The doctors didn't even believe the weights in the regs.

Doctors are always giving NCO's weight waivers. General Jumper, as part of
his new program, says that doctors and staff don't get a vote, only the chain
of command gets a vote (who I'm sure will weigh the doctors opinions).