Old March 28th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Maxwell

Default Like heat shrink tubing but not a tube.

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
John Ammeter wrote:
How big is what you have to cover? When I worked at the local
electric utility we had heat shrink tubing that was 4 inches in
diameter before being shrunk. I used some of it to cover wrench
handles...
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
I need to do what heat shrink tubing would be perfect for but I
can't use the HST because the end of what I need to cover is too
large. Is there an equivalent that will allow me to wrap the item
and then heat shrink it?

About the size of a pencil. Will the 4 inch stuff shrink down that much?

I don't think anyone makes a heat shrink that with support that much
variation. Have you considered a product like *Dip-It* (sp). It is made for
coating tool handles, and is sold by a lot of hardware stores. I guess it
depends on what you are doing with it.