Old September 15th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default Wheel pants

"Bob F." wrote:
OK people. It's your check ride day and you finish your groundwork.
The examiner is coming out to you, approaches the airplane and says "I
see there are no wheel pants on this airplane. What notations, and
where, if any are required to fly this plane legally regarding this?"
What do you say?

I suppose I'd show that the aircraft was configured per the manufacturer's
Operating Handbook valid at the time the airworthiness certificate was
issued.

Or I'd point out that if the wheel pant is missing, then we probably can't
get airborne since on an SGS 2-33 the closest thing to a wheel pant on the
main wheel is the fuselage, and if the fuselage is missing then I must have
really missed something important on the preflight. ;-)

Or I'd point out that I wont make a fuss about it if he wont, since I know
he was part owner and flew that glider in that condition for years. I
believe he is the only examiner in our area so I know he'd almost certainly
be my examiner when (or if) the time comes. :-))