Old April 30th 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

Default Fuel Flow and Peak EGT

That brings up an interesting point. I think the Lycoming recommendation
previously was 75% power for unrestricted leaning. Lately I have seen 65%
as a recommendation. Anyone have any background on the two different
limits?
I've noticed in my O-360-A1A that certain RPM settings (about 2450 in my
case) get a good EGT balance on all cylinders, and aggressive leaning
produces RPM and EGT drops without engine roughness. Is this what the gami
injected engines experience running LOP?

--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the
century was going to end.

"Newps" wrote in message
. ..

Matt Barrow wrote:
"Newps" wrote in message
. ..

Matt Barrow wrote:

No such thing will happen.

It will if the leanest is LOP, but one is still ROP.

I don't do that.

How do you know?

Isn't that the point of a temp sensor on each and every cylinder?

One of the reasons, yes. But at 75% or less you don't use it for that.