Old December 2nd 20, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Good

Default Site ideas for a big Western US soaring trip next season

Bob Adams airport, the municipal airport operated by the City, is ~2mi NE of Eagle Soaring airfield and offers a paved runway.
As a new resident of Steamboat Springs I've only heard of one motorglider calling the pattern there.
You're correct that activity there is light and self-launching shouldn't be a problem.

I trust the airport manager there is more hospitable than was the case ~12 years ago. It ranks as the second-worst treatment I've ever witnessed. We wound up moving, and made a couple of launches (the first ones in gliders, I expect) from what is now Eagle Soaring.

In terms of soaring possibilities, both these sites are first-rate.