Old August 26th 04, 08:36 PM
Andy Durbin

(Chris OCallaghan) wrote in message . com...
I was disappointed by Desser Tire of Memphis Tennessee last week when
they sent me three 5.00-5 tubes with a valve unsuitable for my wheel

Had a similar problem with them trying to get tail dolly tubes. At
that time they stocked several different valve stem types but it took
a few phone calls to sort it out. My spare main tubes came from them
but that was a few years ago.

In an emergency it is fairly easy to modify the stem by cutting it,
sleeving it with brass model tube, and silver soldering. Had to do
that once when I forgot to remove the stem extender.

Probably easier to support your favorite glider parts dealer.

Andy