Old December 9th 16, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Binder EB29R

The old adage "There is no substitute for span" has been challenged by the JS-1 using wing loading. I still am a believer in span, and one flies an open bird differently, they are much better at dolphin flying. Looking forward to seeing the JS-1C, EB-29R's, and Quintus competing at WGC. My personal view, 21 meters is too short, might fly the best but missing some of the majesty of the longer wings!

On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 6:15:06 AM UTC-8, Paul T wrote:
On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 12:22:37 PM UTC-5, Tom Kelley

#711 wrote:
On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 6:32:52 AM UTC-7, ND wrote:
yeah i mean it's cool, but let's see if it can hang with concordia.

My information says this might need to wait as DB and the

Concordia will
not be at the WGC in Benalla.

Best. #711.

yeah that's a shame. more of a hypothetical "let's see". hopefully

there's
a chance to directly compare them in the future.

Be interesting to see how the much cheaper and smaller JS1C will
stack up against the EB29R.