Old November 26th 03, 08:47 PM
Grandpa B.

Man, I didn't intend to start a fight...

I think I'll just buy the TED from AS&S; they're $19.95 in their on-line
catalog. I'll need other stuff, so the S&H won't hurt too bad.

Thanks RAH denizons for the assist!

Got one half of the 'boot' cowl cut, drilled, smoothed last night. I was a
bit dismayed by the un-evenness from the shears (regular scissors-type,
compound lever), but a lot of the waviness went away as I de-burred the edge
with 320 sandpaper. It looks quite nice.

Jon B.

"Cy Galley" wrote in message
Where or how did you come up with 8 foot? References Please

"Paul Lee" wrote in message
om...
AFAIK the tranponder antenna should be 8+ feet away from warm bodies.

"Rich S." wrote in message

"Paul Lee" wrote in message
m...
There is nothing wrong with the $22 one. Only for fast birds,
you may want an aerodynamic shaped one.
Composite projects can even build the $22 jobs into wings, etc.

Hey! Don't forget us wood and fabric types. I was going to install

mine
under my seat, but then I thought about possible radiation effects on

the
family jewels. I mentioned this to my wife who poo-pooed my concern.

So
put it under her seat.

Rich S.