Old June 22nd 18, 12:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Snyder

Default 3,000 hour inspection for Schleicher sailplanes, required in the US?

The Lark was life limited. It did not have a provision for service life extension. The FAA provided a way to extend life by condition, as I recall.
The other manufacturers do have that provision so owners have to comply with the inspection specified to ensure continued airworthiness.
UH

Thank you for the confirmation. If anyone has gone through the 3000h inspection process for a DG, I'd appreciate any information you can share.

Chris