Old March 7th 05, 05:04 PM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
Guy Alcala writes:
I was just wondering if any buddy stores carried internal
fuel,or if all the internal space was taken up by the
drogue, hose and reel, pump, etc. I have conflicting
sources, so hopefully those here with personal experience
can give me the straight skinny. If you can mention the
particular model(s) you're familiar with (if you remember)
and its capacity (if any), that would help.

Guy,
According to the Station Loading charts in my F-4J NATOPS, the D-704
has an Empty Weight of 733#, and a Full Weight of 2773#. Sounds like
there's a shade over 2,000# of fuel in it.
For JP-5 that would work out to 300 U.S. Gallons.

--
Pete Stickney

Without data, all you have are opinions