Old June 16th 05, 06:38 AM
Andy Blackburn

At 03:12 14 June 2005, Kilo Charlie wrote:
The only way to assure yourself of adequate oxygen
delivery to your body is
to use a pulse oximeter as OC has pointed out.

I highly recommend a pulse oximeter. I wore one in
the wave last week to check out my EDS system. I had
the EDS set to the standard O2 delivery starting at
10k. At 18k I put on the oximeter - it read 79% under
normal nasal breathing. With accelerated breathing
I could get it up to 89%.

This week I tried the F15 setting (extra O2 volume).
I went from 84% to 92% in about a minute at 16k.

Under none of these flights did I notice anything unusual
in my perceptions or performance - but then again you're
not supposed to.

9B