Old May 25th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Default Busted TFR, what to expect?

"bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Seems I busted a VIP TFR Monday near Sacramento (VP Cheney was in town
raising money for a couple of congressmen). On landing at my
destination I was asked by the airport manager to call an ATC number,
who got my info and said they would forward it to the local FSDO as a
"pilot deviation". I'm not disputing that I indeed was ignorant of the
TFR and violated it.

So what can I expect? I've already figured out that the Secret Service
isn't going to arrest me. My biggest concern is what it will do to my
insurance costs when I renew next year. Should I bother filing the
NASA ASRS form? Since I'm a PP-ASEL and flying is a hobby, I don't
otherwise care a lot if my license is suspended for a time or I end up
with a record.

Definitely fill out a NASA report. The couple of people I know that have
busted TFRs (President not VP) have had nothing done other than a couple of
questions. I don't see how insurance companies could care, you didn't cost
them anything.