Old July 6th 05, 02:07 AM
S Herman

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:53:29 GMT, Sammy Yousef
wrote:

Hi again.

Thanks for the reply.

I actually stall and fall out of the sky at 140, but bob at 170 and
above. Which is what I don't understand. I can understand hitting too
hard but why can't I get stable at a higher speed? Is it because I have
flaps set at this speed that the autopilot can't hold a straight
approach to the runway?

I have no problems at all if I turn off the autopilot and flare
manually, even at 170 and above.

Thanks again,

Sammy

It's the nose bobbing up & down? Is it only the 747? You may be able
to change the .cfg file.

Find the recommended IAS for the various flap/gear settings & stick to
them.

If the pitch & power are set with any given flap & gear
configuration, the plane should seek out and hold a stable airspeed,
whether climb, level or descent. Now whether this matches the
GlideSlope is another thing.
If you are too fast, the AP may chase the glideslope, so it pitches
down to get lower, penetrates the GS low, then reverses pitch to climb
back up to the GS, a vicious cycle.. This happens to human pilots too,
pilot induced oscillation, or "porpoising" is one common error.