Old September 22nd 11, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Default HP series landing gear info needed

Brad,

Here is the Schreder strut "rebuild" article from my website.
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/Co...d-O-rings.html

When I owned the HP-16T currently being flown by Brian Case, the strut was
filled with 5606 hydraulic oil. When I rebuilt my HP-14 I followed Bruce
Patton's advice filled the struts with oil designed for motorcycle for
forks. (The bottle is in my hangar. If you want the exact type, I'll be
happy to go to the airport and forward you the information.) The motorcycle
oil has served me well for the past seven years.

Wayne
http://tinyurl.com/N990-6F

"Brad" wrote in message

Can someone familiar with the HP series of aircraft give me some info
regarding the landing gear shock strut charging process? I am about
ready to install it and need info on fluid type, amount and charging.

Thanks,
Brad
N599GK