Old March 3rd 04, 01:30 PM
frank

karel adams wrote:

"acepilot" schreef in bericht
I assume you are putting an antenna on the OUTSIDE of the van. If

this
is the case, there is no such thing as too big a groundplane. If you
are putting the antenna inside, then it is probably more easily
understood that all that metal will be a shield to RF. I would
recommend getting a 1/4 wavelength VHF antenna used for either amateur
radio (144 MHz band) or a commercial highband antenna (150-174 MHz).
You can get ones that require a 3/4" hole in the roof or go with a
magnet mount type. Both antennas mentioned above will be a little

short
for airband, but will work infinitely better than an inside antenna of
any kind.

Thank you!
I should have made it clearer
that I want it outside indeed.