Old June 15th 04, 09:13 AM
Carl Frisk

Great you should now be able to do an install that will add the correct traffic.dll into your modules folder. Try
launching FS2002 after the clean install. If you still get the problem copy the .dll into your main folder (
'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002' ).

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"Roger Maskell" wrote in message ...
Thanks again...Did that but there was no traffic.dll there!!....Do I have
another option?. And yes, I have XP installed
Cheers, Roger

"Carl Frisk" wrote in message
Sure,
If you have a default install of FS2002, and I don't recall you mentioning

your OS so I assumed XP.
Open explorer.exe (or My Computer). Copy and paste this into your

address bar:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\MODULES

--
...Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.
- Horace, 20 B.C.
http://www.carlfrisk.com

"Roger Maskell" wrote in message

u...
Thanks Carl...as a newcomer to this could you please explain how I open
explorer in the FS2002 modules...
Cheers, Roger..

"Carl Frisk" wrote in message
news Known problem. There are two traffic.dll's both by MS. One belongs

the OS and has nothing to do with FS. The other
belongs to FS and has nothing to do with the OS. Some people have had
luck with copying the traffic.dll from their
FS2002 Modules folder into their FS2002 folder. This probably won't

work
if you installed SP1 onto XP as SP1 has been
known to replace all the traffic.dll's it can find on your hard disk.

This should work in any event. Uninstall FS2002. Now open explorer

in
the FS2002 MODULES folder if it is still there.
Delete the traffic.dll you find there.

DO NOT delete the traffic.dll in your %WIN%\System32 folder. This
traffic.dll sits on top of TCP/IP and is responsible
for directing QOS/RSVP network to the Packet Classifier and has

nothing to
do with FS but has a lot to do with QOS
enabled applications.

Reinstall FS2002. If that doesn't work let us know.

--
...Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.
- Horace, 20 B.C.
http://www.carlfrisk.com

"Roger Maskell" wrote in message
u...
When trying to open fs2002 in past couple of days, I now get a

message
saying that it has detected 3rd part software that may not be

compatible
[nothing added since I loaded fs2002 a couple of years ago].
The problem appears to be File: traffic.dll and it gives me 2

options to
either load or ignore [yes or no]..both options have same affect

which
is to
log the opening screen of fs2002 off completely.
I have tried the fix which is suggested in Readme but that doesn't

work
either.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the programme but still get the

same
message when I try to open flight sim..
It also appears that ..traffic.dll..is a part of the M/Soft

programme
anyway..!!!!!!!
Can anyone PLEASE suggest what I can try now..?????