Old September 5th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum

Default Cambridge 302/303 users - feedback please

I have flown extensively with LNav, SNav, and 302/Winpilot. They have been
satisfactory. The 302 has been to the factory once for Malfunction since
2001.
I have a bit of experience with SN 10.
Didn't notice much difference in variometry.

--
Hartley Falbaum

"Colin MacAlpine" wrote in
message ...
The new glider is ordered and we consider what vario
to instal. Having had a 302/303 for 6 years; 4 repairs
and some doubts could you please let me have your experiences
of the instrument re the following to assist in our
decision - Borgelt or Cambridge.

1. Reliability
2. Wind calculation ( Intermittantly final glides are
mad numbers and the wind is at that point very wrong
)
3. On thermal entry it overreads then calms down after
a half turn ( Maybe our plumbing)
4. We have never been convinced that netto relative
works.

Many thanks , Colin