Old January 4th 05, 06:48 PM

Denny,

Is is our modus operandi too. As I mentioned in my reply to Bob
Gardner, we attended the Wing Safety Seminar on Winter Operation last
November. Our thought was that we would never let it happen to us !
Little did we know that we would encounter icing in a short local
excursion on a day which we thought was perfect for flying. BTW, the
urgent weather warning which I received was through my-cast, a
'regular' and not aviation weather servcie. The TAF for Albany area
mentioned drizzle rain but much later in the day. POU TAFdid not
indicate any precipitation, 1B1 is between the two airports. The very
short duration of the freezing rain indicated that it could be very
local, just under a rain cloud. We might not have encountered it if
we were few miles East or West.