Old April 25th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default A strange richness...

You "primed a few pumps", I take it this means throttle pumping (accelerator
pumps?) on an already hot engine? I'd guess you did over prime and then
flood the engine.. I am not sure of your engine but I presume it is also an
IO-540?

Nope. Pumped the primer a couple of times. (The little
Coleman-lantern-style-thingie)

The engine is a normally-aspirated O-540.

I obviously flooded it, but I don't quite understand how this can be
so, simply by starting with the mixture at idle/cut-off, rather than at
full rich.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA