Old October 24th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roger[_5_]

Default Best Glide computer and why

I noticed a lot of people using the Cambridge with a PDA. Anyone using
the LX 7000, any new computers on the horizon. Any Zander users? I
have never liked the idea of a MS handheld device. I understand the
PDA is just the way of getting a screen, but I have also read all the
posts of not being able to see the screen in sunlight and the mounting
problems.

Anyone know of a MFD computer on the market or in design? What about
the European computers, anyone using those? I understadnt eh Zander
has a stick grip with control functions for teh computer, sounds like a
greaat idea.

On Oct 23, 9:24 pm, "ContestID67" wrote:
I have a Cambridge 302 with an iPAQ. IGC certified and easy to
transfer files as said earlier. It is easy to hook up and has
integrated gear/brake warnings (switches extra). Importantly the
Cambridge supplies 5Vdc to the iPAQ!!

I fly with Glide Navigator but any of the commercial products are good.

- John