Old April 25th 11, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

Default Bonus Jet glider demo weekend

On Apr 24, 7:54*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
On 4/24/2011 4:38 PM, Paul Cordell wrote:

here's a link to a Bonus jet Launch at Turf Soaring

http://www.youtube.com/user/pcordell.../0/p49KHX4ksKw

I noticed Laurie was wearing ear protectors, and a bystander had his
fingers in his ears, so I'm guessing this is much louder and/or more
annoying than the usual DG400 or DG800.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (change ".netto" to ".us" to email me

Yes and no. It is very loud for a couple hundred yards as it has
passes you, then a far duller roar as it really gets moving and
farther away. Ear protectors are just common sense for anyone close
to any noises, whether it be a saw, DG400, Pawnee, or BonusJet. I
held my ears as they are noise sensative anyway (my 1/1/2 year old
grandson's screeches make my ears ring worse).

Ceertainly, noisewise, the Antares, Tarus, etc are FAR less annoying
with their electric power... just prop noise.