Old May 16th 12, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony V

Default 2nd-Guessing Accidents (aka Seeking Personal Insight)

On 5/15/2012 12:04 AM, kirk.stant wrote:
I'm going to risk the wrath of the crowd (US, specifically) and make the following personal observation.

Glider instruction in the US sucks. Period.

It is haphazard, unstructured, and shallow. We get a new pilot to the point where they can steer a 2-33 around the field and slip it to a landing, then bless them and turn them loose.

Dos anyone have a clue about the accident rate in the U.S. vs everywhere
else? This would be the "acid test", I think. I have no clue - just asking.

Tony "6N"