Old July 21st 04, 03:57 PM
gwengler

"C J Campbell" wrote in message ...
"gwengler" wrote in message
om...
Just a few corrections:
Max. cruise is 165 at 20000 ft. and 88% power.
Range WITH 45 miuntes reserve is 635 nm (88% power) to 970 nm (45% power).

I got my numbers off Cessna's own web site. If they are wrong then Cessna
should hear about it.

I got my numbers from my T182T POH. For example, 175 KIAS is the Vne,
never exceed airspeed, not max. cruise. Range at 12,500 incl. 45 min.
reserve is 617 nm (88%) or 968 nm (45%). Seems some computer guy put
the web-site numbers together without knowing what he was talking
about...

Having said that, I have owned a T182T for 2.5 years now and flown 600
hours. No problems, whatsoever, totally trouble free. The support
from both Cessna and the local dealer (Leggat, Toronto Buttonville) is
outstanding. The quality of the airplane equals that of a German car
- no rattling, vibrations, loud noises, avionics failures, cabin
linings falling down, door closing problems and the like (those are
all frequent issues from the public Cirrus discussion forum). Anyway,
the T182T fulfills my mission profile perfectly, going from coast to
coast with three sometimes four people (four people, four hours fuel
and 20 lbs. luggage per person). The turbocharger is worth every
penny since it lets me go high to avoid ice, CBs visually and go over
the mountains without much worrying. I have now a Garmin/Apollo MX20
with WSI weather data link and Jeppesen approach plates, all options
not available (or not working) on the Cirrus.

What bothers me in this whole discussion is the religious zeal with
which Cirrus proponents go around. That airplane is not revolutionary
different from Cessnas, Mooneys, Pipers etc. It's made from plastic -
so what? May be good, may be bad, who knows. The Avidyne avionics
definitely are now second behind the Garmin 1000 if for nothing else
for the reason that the NAV/COM parts are integrated. You don't have
to frequently look down to your Garmin NAV/COMs to change frequencies
and NAV inputs. The Cirrus is a GREAT airplane that perfectly fulfills
the mission of people who buy it (one hopes). Why do these Cirrus
missionaries try to portray existing designs as being outdated and not
up to par?

Gerd
ATP, T182T