Old March 18th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Robert Bonomi

Default Flying from North America to Hawaii

In article uNIKh.27097$DN.24284@pd7urf2no,
Marc Erickson wrote:
Is this easily done - that is, are there islands in between I can hop to? Or
do I need big tanks, long range, and a bladder in the cabin (and a pee tube)
to do it?

Have you looked at a map?

Does it occur to you that just "an island" is *NOT* sufficient?
That you need 'services' -- like being able to buy fuel -- as well?

Do you think any such island would be big enough to have a post office?
Are there any such places listed in the USPS zip-code directory?
What _other_country_ might such an island be a part of?

Do you have the right kind of comm radios?
Do you have _enough_engines_? Can you 'glide' 1500+ miles after a failure?
Is your plane certified for ETOPS? Are _you_ multi-engine rated?

Do you have a co-pilot? Have you computed *how*many*hours* you'll be in
the air without a break?

are you *REALLY* that stupid?