Old March 24th 13, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wanted: Trailer for a 1-26

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:52:30 PM UTC-4, Martin wrote:
What I'm hearing is that if I want a 1-26 trailer, I have to build it myself. I've heard it enough that I almost believe it, but I'm having trouble following the math... - Gliders get wrecked more than trailers. - Every 1-26 must've had a trailer at some point. - They're not building any more 1-26s. - There should be an excess of trailers somewhere. Sorry, I'm lazy and don't know how to weld. Thanks, Martin

Some of your math is a bit off.
Not every 1-26 had a trailer.
Most of the 1-26 trailers are almost 40 years old. They are going to nature due to rust and old age faster than the gliders are going out of service.
Those of us that have them, keep them
You will have to build one or find someone who will.
Sorry for the reality but that is the story.
UH