Old September 19th 03, 12:32 AM
Ogden Johnson III

Jim Strand wrote:

"Bill Kambic" wrote:

"Jim Strand" wrote in message

Are there any Naval instructions available online regarding the
Hurrivac sequence for aircraft?

The only ones I ever knew about were CNATRA instructions governing the
(then) three NASs in the Corpus Christi area.

Perhaps it is those that made me wonder if they were service wide. I
recall having to access the CNATRA instructions several times during
my six years at Chase.

Seems to me there was a ComNavAirLant [and presumably a corresponding
ComNavAirPac for the left coast and WestPac] directive requiring that
organizations operating aircraft in hurricane/typhoon-prone areas [in
our case, 2d Marine Aircraft Wing for MCAS Cherry Point, MCAS(H) New
River, and MCAS Beaufort] have standing directives on HurrEvac
[TyphoonEvac] plans and arrangements. IIRC, CNAL/CNAP didn't dictate
anything specific, other than saying that plans and arrangements had
to be in place. Our MAG and Squadron HurrEvac plans were rather
simple one evacuation, less simple if we were not evacuating. For
evacuations, go where 2dMAW tell us to when they tell us to, or, if we
didn't evac, [and this is why MAG and Squadron plans were necessary]
put all of our birds in the hangars, along with everything else on the
flight line and outside the hangars. With the size of our hangars,
*that* required a lot of planning and arranging and cooperation
amongst squadrons and groups. Easier to fly them off inland - to
someplace with decent liberty preferably.

OJ III