Old February 19th 07, 12:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Default What a week..

Kingfish wrote:
On Feb 18, 10:27 pm, "Capt.Doug" wrote:

Thanks to my employer's competition who was mentioned profusely on CNN
lately, and the winter weather, it has been an interesting week. All 4 days
of my trip were evening trips that turned into night trips. Wednesday night
had me landing at Logan at 2:30 AM. The approach was a roller coaster. ATIS
winds were 320/13G33. The 'G33' part was accurate but I was crabbing 40
degrees to the runway at 200'. The snow was removed from the runway but the
ice patches were still there. The anti-skid cycled so much that it seemed
the brakes weren't working. We hit a dry patch and the brakes tossed me
against my shoulder harness. One naive ignorant deplaning passenger asked a
flight attendent if the pilots were new.

The next night had me landing in San Juan, albeit after my bedtime. I
strolled out on the beach under a slight moonlight with the warm tradewinds
carressing me. I fell asleep on a lounge chair under a palm tree. What a
contrast in weather!

The next day's flying brought me something new for the book I'll write
someday. I got a lizard! At 176.000 lbs and 160 knots, it didn't stand much
of a chance. That iguana was outta here! The tower confirmed the kill.

Then it was off to the usual crap of LaGuardia ground stops, unavailable
gates once we get there, disruptive and drunk passengers, crying babies
puking on the leather seats, and unbearable cold. At least we weren't on
CNN!

D. (better than working for a living!)

What aircraft & airline Doug?

Sounds like JetBlue from the description! :-)

Matt