Old October 29th 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

Default Kestrel 19 Questions

Assuming a 36" root chord and an allowable CG range of (e.g.) 25%-40% of
root chord, you'd have an allowable range of CG movement of 5.4" and
there's no way a 9-lb increment will move you from outside front to
outside rear of such a range on a man-sized glider of Kestrel mass.

I'd agree with Bob, where'd the 9# come from? If the ship has been
repaired or re-finished, it could have gained significant tail weight
and this would require much more cockpit weight to stay within
published CG range. Guess that would/could bring the minimum cockpit
load up to within 9# of the maximum cockpit load? There is also a
maximum weight for non-lifting surfaces (fuselage + pilot) which could
be the limiting factor on the high side. Guess it isn't a deal breaker
as long as you hit the 9# range. I remember a Nimbus-3 that was in
about the same situation.
JJ