Old April 19th 04, 10:10 PM
EDR

Well, I have six pairs of DC's.
My first two were acquired in 1981, two pairs of H10-40's (electret
mic, wire bales).
Then, in 1995, I bought a pair of H10-13.4Y's for the kids.
In 1997, a buddy gave me a pair of H10-13.4's when he sold his airplane.
These headset are comfortable if you have a narrow head.
For wider heads, you will feel "clamped".
So DC came up with the H20-10 series.
The H20-10's have bigger earcups with an adjustment that has three
positions to adjust the width.

My original H10-40's were sent back to DC for overhaul two years ago. I
was getting stress-relief breaks in the cords at the plugs (pre-molded
relief design).

I have gel seals and "comfort covers" on all six pairs.

I have worn them for up to 14 hours with only slight discomfort at the
end of the flight.

I always use an intercom, but wish PM Engineering would modify one of
their existing portable units to accomodate six headsets.