Old September 10th 20, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Powersonic "Smart Battery" tested

On Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 7:37:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I wonder how much of a current draw the bluetooth feature is.

Probably very little. If you turn on Bluetooth in your phone, do you notice much of a reduction in the battery life? And this is a much larger battery.

But yeah the only advantage of having this feature, to my mind, is the (potential) ability to monitor the individual cells within the battery. Other than that, I use a charger that tells me how much charge (amp-hours) go into the battery, and it should correspond to how long I used it in the glider.. And my current 12 amp-hour LiFePO4 battery has so much capacity relative to my avionics' needs that even if I forgot to charge it since the last flight it would still easily last for the current flight. Your situation may differ, especially if you have a transponder.