Old May 11th 05, 09:14 PM
Ben Jackson

On 2005-05-11, Kyle Boatright wrote:
What's the narrowest runway you've ever used? At what runway width are you
comfortable?

The narrowest was at Woodland State (W27) which is 1965x25, in a 172
when I had about 14 hours.

I must be comfortable with 2500x48 since that's where my plane is based.
It still freaks me out to land at night (the lights are significantly
wider, maybe 80-100' apart). It makes the runway look short and stubby.
I don't think I've ever used more than the center 20' of the runway
except once when a brake grabbed a little and I swerved. Closest I've
come to groundlooping a tricycle gear plane!

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/