Old September 28th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Larry

Default Thread chaser for oil screen housing?

You can also seal off the strainer one last time (with screen cut off)
and then install a spin on oil filter. Added weight is only problem.

Larry
Fly wrote:
El Reno aviation sells the F&M oil filter stc has a chaser.
Maybe they would rent it to you.

Kent Felkins
Tulsa

ott" wrote in message
.. .
Looks like my threads are hosed up where the oil screen screws in on the
back case of my (Continental) A-65. Heard it mentioned on a Swift
bulletin board that there is such a thing as a thread chaser to (I assume)
re-work the threads a bit and/or to clean them out to prevent damage to
the brass threads on the screen. Where would a guy find one of these
beasties? It's pretty big, ya know...something like an inch and a half or
maybe even bigger...

I grounded until I can get that fixed!! I don't relish the thought of
removing the engine and then taking off the back case for re-work or
replacement (they are probably scarce as hen's teeth)...

Scott
Corben Junior Ace