Old December 1st 03, 12:29 AM
C J Campbell

You cannot load multiple approaches into this unit. Approaches by their
nature terminate the flight plan at the airport. You can cycle the unit to
the holding fix, but that is about it. If you were able to load multiple
approaches the unit could become confused on missed approach whether to
cycle to the holding fix or to the next approach.

I suppose you could manually enter all the waypoints for each of the
approaches you wanted to fly, but then the GPS would never go into approach
mode.

One thing I have noticed with both the GARMIN and the King GPS units is that
if there is a flight plan stored in the unit and you select an approach, the
software will append that approach to the flight plan stored in the unit.
This is all right if the stored flight plan terminates at the destination
airport, but if it terminates at another airport I have seen them offer
erroneous information such as bad vectors. I recommend clearing the stored
flight plan completely before selecting an approach if that flight plan
terminates at another airport.