Old July 8th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default NetJets Layoff

"Jay Honeck" wrote

-- and I'm STILL paying for it in the form of higher unemployment
taxes, four years later.

The system sucks. (I can tell you many more examples of acquaintances
who have scammed the unemployment system over the years...)

I had one employee file on me, but I beat it.

An acquaintance needed some extra help on a big job, and things were slowing
down for me at the moment, so I told him he could employ two of my
employees, until his job was done.

Fast forward a month or so, and I called to see when they were going to be
back with me. He then informed me that he had decided to stay on with the
new guy, my former acquaintance, but nobody had gotten around to telling me.

Fast forward close to a year, and I get notice that he is filing for
unemployment. Turns out the new employer laid him off. I don't think the
other guy was above the table and paying unemployment, so he thought he
could come after me. I sent a letter, and I got an appointment for a
"telephone conference call hearing". The "judge" listened to both sides,
and said, "Thank you, I have what I need, and I'll be in touch." I later
got a letter releasing me of the obligation to pay.

One of the few times anything in court has gone my way.
--
Jim in NC