Old July 9th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
David Dyer-Bennet

Default NetJets Layoff

Newps writes:

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

And in fact it *does* seem logical to me that claims not my fault are
less likely to bump my rates.

With State Farm if you have an accident that is the other guys fault
and he has no insurance or not enough you use your collision to cover
it. State Farm pays to fix your car and then goes after the other guy.
You get the first dollars they collect to offset your deductible. If
they come up short they eat it. Does not affect your rates. Other
companies no doubt do this as well, but not all.

Depends on state law, too, but I'm in Minnesota, where "uninsured
motorist" coverage is explicitly required, and hence universally
bought (by people who are insured at all, such as myself). And I am
in fact with State Farm (and have been all my time in Minnesota); as
was the driver of the car that backed into mine in the first accident.
RKBA: http://www.dd-b.net/carry/