Old January 27th 05, 07:30 AM
Ed Sullivan

On 26 Jan 2005 19:41:26 -0800, (Allan Morrison)
wrote:

Can anyone see an advantage using aluminum windowscreen for a layer or
layers in a composite structure.
The outer layer(s)could be fiberglass where exterior smoothness is
required.
At ~0.5 oz per ft^2 it should be useful for something where high
strength to weight is desired.
Has it been used in some previous design?
Comments pl

I used it to form a small fairing between the leading edge of the fin
and the fuselage on my Jungster. The reason being when stretching the
screen on the bias it will form a very tight compound radius. I taped
it down and applied fiberglass over it, then trimmed it to fit. I
don't know that I would use it in an area that was under stress.

Ed Sullivan