Old September 14th 05, 12:33 AM
Mike Ferrer

No, they are not interchangeable. The connectors are different, one is
single sided and the other is double sided, different style of contacts (old
contacts won't fit in new connector), and I'm pretty sure you can't mount a
new connector in the old rack. The good news is that it shouldn't cost that
much to reterminate the wires into a new connector and replace the rack

Mike

"Roy Page" wrote in message
link.net...
Our King KT76 transponder has gone down, but I have a KT76A !
A friend has advised that a KT76A is a slide in replacement for the KT76.
I doubt that he is correct, but I am sure the knowledgeably guys and gals

on
this net will know the answer.

Assuming that I can't use the KT76A I would appreciate any recommendations
for a repair station that does not have $$$ss$$$ for glasses.

Thank all,

Roy
N5804F