Old September 29th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
flybabybuilder

Default Leaf-Peeper Flights

Up here in NE OH, the colors are just starting to come out. Peak's not
for a couple of weeks yet.

Jay Honeck wrote:
Dang, it got COLD fast and early this year. We (Mary, Montblack, and
I) flew to Janesville, WI today, and the outside air temperature was
just 19 degrees up at 8500 feet. Brrrrr....

We're *just* starting to see some coloration in the trees along the
Mississippi River -- our favorite leaf-peeper color flight. They
should be reaching peak colors earlier than normal this year, so we'll
have to plan another flight up that way soon.

We like the area around Prairie du Chein, WI for these flights. The
Wisconsin and Mississippi Rivers come together there, and the 500-foot
tree-covered bluffs really show the blazing reds and brilliant yellows,
when the sun is low in the sky.

Where's the BEST leaf peeping to be had in your neck of the woods?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA