Old December 12th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default HUD view of a near-miss

Dan wrote:
Mark wrote:
scared us with:
Here's a very close call as recorded through the HUD camera of a T-38C.
Scott Wilson
http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=qLVtstYAZLY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLVtstYAZLY

I can't find anything about this in the NTSB database.
Would they not track this sort of incident?

Not if no one filed an incident report.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Why? Happens all the time and neither A/C was doing anything wrong.
Civilians tend to 'report' way more often than the military, IMO. I got
'reported' when in VX-4, doing a missilex profile practice in the MOAs
east of Mugu(Owens Valley)...some civilian(Cessna 172) was wandering
around, legally, and I flew close to her to let her know we were there
and 'maybe' it would be a good idea if she did sightseeing somewhere
else. I didn't even get that close to her BUT I was pointing at her,
passed her 180 degrees out...kinda fast, wings were back.....she called
the FAA..they splained the situation.